ghetto blaster help

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
blueneo03
2GN Member

ghetto blaster help

Post by blueneo03 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:40 pm

im working on a ghetto blaster. ive got the runners all done now i need to get it finished up. however im not sure what needs to be mounted. i know a vacuum line but on the intake on my car there is a plug or sensor of some sort. do i need to fab something for that too?

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold
2017 Volkswagen CC Rline Exec. 2.0t

"Sorry you are so scared of a possible mechanical problem that you will drive an ugly transportation appliance. I'll keep living a colorful life." -some guy about a camry

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:40 pm

That would be your MAP sensor ;) Definitely gonna need that. And there should be two vac lines. One by the throttle body bellows tube, and another near the MAP sensor underneath. Both are critical.

Pics of the progress so far?
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:21 pm

You could run a vacuum line and mount the MAP sensor separately, but IDK if that would have a delay effect compared to being directly in the plenum. Older vehicles had the MAP mounted on the firewall, but those were older PCM designs too. You can do one vacuum port and tee off of that. Or do as many as you have room for. It doesn't matter where they are, as long as you can plumb the vacuum tubing to where you need it.

This is the first version of my GB IM. I just glued the MAP bung to the tube. It is still there. The vacuum port by the inlet is not. I am running all the vacuum stuff from one port on the backside to a tee. It has no issues for vacuum needs. I used the 90º elbow that came with the 1gn IM to attach the tubing to.

Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
Seriously people, this is 2019 not 1920.
Too much time spent here is a sign of a bad case of Ownaneonvirus.

2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
Help support 2GN!

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:31 pm

thats what i got so far. been slowly workin on it little at a time used loctite plastic epoxy to join the two.

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold
2017 Volkswagen CC Rline Exec. 2.0t

"Sorry you are so scared of a possible mechanical problem that you will drive an ugly transportation appliance. I'll keep living a colorful life." -some guy about a camry

Return to “Engine”