Wheel well ground wire

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
garfield3887
2GN Member

Wheel well ground wire

Post by garfield3887 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:41 pm

On the passenger side wheel well there is a wire there (looks like a ground wire to me) that clips onto the hole where the side motor mount is with the round plug that covers the bolt holding it into place, and the other end is screwed onto the strut/wheel assembly... Mine is broke! Does anyone know the part number for this, or what exactly it's called?

Thanks
I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies Club #102

“I slept on it for 24 hours, ... and it made a lot of sense, so I agreed. Both of us then put our best pieces on the table, and we both found surprises. We took parts from both our engines, and we were able to increase our horsepower.” - Jack Roush

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:04 pm

It's a static ground strap. Mainly there to discharge static electricity build up at the wheels. In the early FWD cars, the current was good enough to trash the front wheel bearings. The newer cars don't seem to suffer that much from this.
PN here:
viewtopic.php?t=47253
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
epic

2001 Neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
Help support 2GN!

garfield3887
2GN Member

Post by garfield3887 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Awesome thanks! I tried several searches but not knowing the name of it got me lots of dead ends! :tardbang:
I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies Club #102

“I slept on it for 24 hours, ... and it made a lot of sense, so I agreed. Both of us then put our best pieces on the table, and we both found surprises. We took parts from both our engines, and we were able to increase our horsepower.” - Jack Roush

Return to “General 2nd Gen Discussion”