Project 2002 ACR

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
Adam K.
2GN Member

Project 2002 ACR

Post by Adam K. » Fri May 04, 2018 5:39 pm

Sad that no one really visits the site anymore. So I wanted to share a little and maybe get some opinions. I picked up a 2002 ACR a few weeks back that would love to save. Very possible that it has bent valves and some body damage in the rear. Will need a full paint job as well. First on the list is to remove the head and take a look. Off course the exhaust manifold bolts are in there for good and striped. Planing to weld some bigger nuts on there and see if they let go. The seller already started on dismantling it and gave me mostly everything to get it back together.

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Re: Project 2002 ACR

Post by JeremyJ » Mon May 07, 2018 10:37 am

I hope you save it! Those cars are so rare. I almost bought a red one, but it needed too much work. It was rough. I hate seeing ACRs like that.
2002 base -> 2005 SRT ACR -> 1996 sedan -> 1999 R/T coupe -> 2002 R/T

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:23 am

Nice find! im excited to see a build on here! all other car forums suck and the facebook versions are a mess of no real information and "will these fit"

this does look like a decent starting point on a build tho!

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

"Sorry you are so scared of a possible mechanical problem that you will drive an ugly transportation appliance. I'll keep living a colorful life." -some guy about a camry

Adam K.
2GN Member

Post by Adam K. » Wed May 16, 2018 9:39 am

I would love to say I am further with the project as I am. But with everything else I decided to tackle the smell situation. The car is covered with dog hair, urine, and food in every nook and cranny. I took the carpet off and the flooring was all yellow. Cluster Shield and AC controls are broken so purchased new ones. Front driver seat is going to need to be replaced. Top dash pad is going to need to be replaced. Going to remove the entire dash and clean everything. Since dog food has found itself into everything it is attracting ants now. They have made it their home now.

I have taken the carpets out and cleaned them. There is something baked it that is giving me a hard time. Have even taken the power washer to it.

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:15 am

Hey, a start is a start and a good cleaning to see where you're really at is a good start.

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold

"Sorry you are so scared of a possible mechanical problem that you will drive an ugly transportation appliance. I'll keep living a colorful life." -some guy about a camry

Return to “Progress/Project Log”